 |
| Two Trixie books from a charity shop. |
 |
| The backs of the books. |
Earlier this week I visited a secondhand charity shop (or "Op Shop", as they call them here), and as always I looked for the series books that I collect. I found two Trixie Belden books and paid $3.00 AUD for both.
The first book is nothing special. It is a somewhat worn oval softcover book. It will make a good reading copy.
The second book is more interesting. It is a "Trixie Belden presents..." book that is not a Trixie story at all but is rather a story "recommended" by Trixie. These "Trixie Belden presents..." books seem to have been released only in Australia and New Zealand. I've seen a few of them come up on Australian ebay but wasn't sure what to make of them. I thought they were strange-looking and was skeptical that they were really associated with the Trixie from the mystery series.
Now that I have a copy of one, I can see that the books are definitely associated with Trixie Belden. I really wish I could order the t-shirt from the ad in the back of the book! I'll have to keep my eye out for more of these "Trixie Belden presents..." books. There are at least two sets of stories (Shelley Peters and Julie Gordon books) and five books in total.
Here are a few more pictures of the "Trixie Belden presents..." book:
 |
| Back close-up #1. |
 |
| Back close-up #2. |
 |
| An ad inside the book. |
 |
| A closer view of the ad. |
Comments
Post a Comment