First Susan Sand Book


My first Susan Sand book.

I recently discovered the Susan Sand mystery series, and I have decided to collect this little series of eight books. My aim is to collect all of the books in both the US and UK editions. The Susan Sand books are somewhat rare, especially the last two books in the series.

However, I managed to find quite a few of the books on Australia ebay, and I even found an inexpensive copy of the eighth book on US ebay that I had shipped to my parents' house -- they regularly send us packages, so they'll include it in the next one. I bought up all of the Susan Sand books I could find on Australia ebay. Some look to be in good condition, while others are somewhat worn. That's okay, though -- I want to have some reading copies.

I received the first book on Thursday, a copy of the second book "The Secret of Clovercrest Castle". I started reading the book yesterday and am about halfway through. I thought about waiting to start reading until the first book arrived, but I couldn't resist starting with the book I have.

So far, I am absolutely loving the book. The characters are fun, and the writing is very good. I understand why some people say that this series is somewhat of a parody of other series books. The plot is somewhat fantastical and reminiscent of other series books, and the writer obviously doesn't take the book too seriously -- but that makes it a genuinely fun book. I like that Susan is a mystery writer who also solves mysteries. I'm really, really enjoying it.

The cover art on this book is also stunning. I particularly love the depiction of Susan's orange cat Iknahton or "Icky".

Here are a few more pictures of the book:

The back of the book.

The spine of the book.

A closer view of the cover art. I love the fluffy orange cat.
Reading the book with my own cat, Zelda.

Well, I'm going to get back to reading this book. But I'll share pictures of the other Susan Sand books that I've bought after they arrive. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Connie Blair Books

Three Flashlight Nancy Drew Books

Dana Girls Mystery Books: Sparrow Books Softcover Editions